Natural Cure for Common cold
Common cold or Running Nose as it known is the mostly caused due to muscous in the intestinal and nasal cavity. This may lead to running nose and uncomfortability.
1. Tickling and scratching tendency in the nasal tract
2. Obstruction of the nasal cavity with muscous accompanied with running nose
3. Itching feeling in the ears and eyes
4. Abrupt onset of tickling sensation in the nasal tract.
5. Malaise, headache,dryness and soreness or throat.
6. Spread of infection results in earache, bronchitis or pnemonia
1. Five types of cold or pratishaya have been described in Ayurveda
2. Caused by the unbalanced energy flow in the body
3. Digestive irregularity and intestinal irregualrity can cause cold
4. Blood flow irregualarity and insufficiency caused cold
5. Chronic Cold caused by combined three humors
Home Cures for Running Nose Relief
1. Turmeric fumes can positively enhance the respiratory tract. This causes the clearing of tract from mucus and relief from running nose.
2. One of the most effective and age old remedies against cold is jogging. Jogging on a periodic basis causes the expansion of respiratory tract and prevents the mucus from clogging. This also increases the respiration rate and also causes the body typo develop a gradual immunity. Both have high benefactor results.
3. Gargle with saline water with a pinch of phitkari added to it 3 to 4 times a day. This causes the body to expel mucous and develop a immunity in long term basis.
4. Black peppercorns, cardamom, cinnamon and black cumin seeds have to be taken in equal parts be grounded. This powder sniffed causes an irritation sensation which helps you in expelling mucous. Garlic and jaggery mixture causes the body to develop an immunity.
5. 5 to 10 ml juice extracted from betel leaves with freshly grounded basil, mint and ginger is excellent remedy for cold. This has to be taken 1/2 tsp daily along with honey.
6. To control running nose and watery discharge boil ½ tsp black pepper powder with milk and consume it at night.
7. External Chest massage helps to relieve the pressure.
8. Catechu has great beneficial in controlling respiratory related disorders.Take /2 to 1 gm of catechu twice a day mixed with honey reduces the cold.
9. Cinnamon is considered a great cure to cold by ayurveda. This could be taken along with 1 tsp of honey to is a useful remedy for cold.
10. Putting 2 to 3 drps of ghee in nostrils twice a day helps to clear up the nose.
11. Henna extractions can be taken 1/2 tsp a day, this is best taken along with equal uantity of honey.