|< Prev||Next >|
Alternative Self-Treatment for Diarrhoea
Home remedies for diarrhea
Expert physiologists refers to diarrhoea as one of the bodys best defence mechanism. It helps the body to easily expel the waste and toxic materials that is otherwise flows with the blood. The best remedy possible is to let the body heal itself and take a couple of day off. so the following remedies are meant to be the first aid incase you are hit by diarrhea and help in speedy recovery.
2. Place a heat bag in the abdominal region for the cramps that occurs due to dehydration. This can be also done by rubbing the hands and placing it over the stomach.
3. On the second day eat small quantities of solid food. Among the least irritating are cooked cereals, biscuits and soft boiled eggs.
4. Ginger is a great remedy for diarrhea. Mix a teaspoon of ginger, hot water and honey. Drinking this mix will be relieving irritation.
5. Lactose intolerance is one of the main reasons for Diarrhoea. It is seen that the irritation may suddenly kick in during adult hood. It should be consulted with a doctor and due care must be taken incase of any doubts.
6. Certain medications are capable of producing severe Diarrhoea. Before taking a medicine beware of the compounds. Certain Antacids are found to be major culprits in many cases.
7. carbohydrates which are difficult to absorb are to be avoided definitely. Certain examples are breads, bakes, pears, prunes etc..
8. Take care to keep the hydration levels in the body high. It should be taken care to keep the electrolytes levels and salt levels also at the satisfactory levels.
9. A suitable rehydration fluid can be done through adding 1/2 teaspoon of honey, corn syrup a pinch of table salt to 250 ml of fruit juice, preferebly lemonade or pomegranate.